HIV Care and Treatment Programme
ZACH has partnered with CDC in a 5-year project covering 75 hospitals and clinics in Mashonaland Central, Mashonaland East, Mashonaland West and Matabeleland North being supported through President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief(PEPFAR).
- To support high yielding HIV testing services (HTS) strategies
- To support strategies leading to improved linkages and enrolment of newly identified PLHIV into care services
- To support strategies leading to improved adherence and retention of PLHIV into care and treatment services.
- Strengthening clinical management of PLHIV to achieve viral load suppression.
- To strengthen the existing M&E systems
HIV, Care and Treatment 15 PEPFAR Supported Districts
|Mashonaland West||Hurungwe, Mhondoro, Kadoma, Zvimba, Makonde,|
|Mashonaland Central||Guruve, Mazowe, Mount Darwin|
|Mashonaland East||Harare ,Murewa, Goromonzi|
|Tsholotsho ,Lupane ,Nkayi|
Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision
ZACH has a running 5 year collaborative agreement with I-TECH(International Training and Education Centre for Health )to scale up VMMC services .
The project goal is:
To support the national effort to scale up VMMC services in Zimbabwe. ZACH with technical assistance from I-TECH, will implement, monitor and assure quality on VMMC services within 7 districts in consultation with the MOHCC.
|Midlands||Gokwe South||Gokwe District Hospital
Mberengwa District Hospital
|Masvingo||Zaka||Ndanga District Hospital
|Mash Central||Mbire||Chitsungo Hospital
|Mat North||Lupane||St Luke’s Hospital
St Paul’s Hospital
|Mashonaland East||Marondera||Marondera Hospital
|Mashonaland West||Hurungwe||Chidamoyo Hospital
Karoi District Hospital
The programme is being supported by Global Fund through NAC
Is a four phase process
- Start thinking about violence against women and HIV/AIDS as interconnected issues
- Raise Awareness about communities’ acceptance of men’s use of power over women, which fuels HIV/AIDS and violence against women
- Support women and men directly affected by or involved in these issues to change
- Take Action to prevent HIV/AIDS and violence against women.
- Piloting the SASA model in 8 hot spot districts (Chimanimani, Mguza, Kwekwe and Umzingwane] plus 4 additional hot spot districts)
- Engagements and maintenance of 180 Community Champions
- Advocacy to realign laws on child marriage
One Stop Centre(OSC) Model
- Establishment of 4 one-stop centres for post violence care for survivors of gender-based violence(Offering medical, legal and psychosocial services either within one location—a hospital or a stand-alone center or through a referral system that links services).