Finance and administration
Finance and administration department has the following departments
- General office management
- Human Resources
- Temporary Employment Permits
- Importation and Customs Clearance
Finance & Administration – oversees other department-wide administrative functions that include budgeting, finance payroll, human resources, and the procurement of routine organizational supplies estate and asset management. The department also maintains an enterprise computer software system that helps managers track project costs, invoices, time sheets, work orders, and budgets.
Develop and implement efficient and effective financial management, Administrative, Procurement and fundraising, systems development to provide for accountability and successful operation and sustainability of the organization.
- Grants Management
- Preparation of financial reports to various donors/partners
- Preparation of financial reports for management information
- Budget control and analysis
- Provide financial input into project proposals, budgets and financial reports
- Mobilize financial resources through active participation in negotiations with various partners
- Identification and facilitation of new business development ventures and appraise their viability for the sustainability
- Liaison with external auditors on financial and audit matters
- Prepare financial statement for Management Board, Board of Trustees, AGM and Executive
- Liaison with banks and other financial institutions on regular basis to create conditions for best returns
- Maintain a daily financial dash board to monitor trends of in come and expenditure
Human Resources Department
The ZACH human resources department is very critical. It provides the human capital that help the organization to meet its objectives and obligation bring in multi-discipline of high qualified individuals. The department is designed to maximize employee performance in service of an employer’s strategic objectives. HR is primarily concerned with the management of people within organizations, focusing on policies and on systems.
- Employment Relations
- Contract, compansation and Benefits
- Works closely with Training and Development
The ZACH Human Resource Department believes in having the right personnel who are highly educated and motivated to carry out the ZACH strategic objectives and produce the required results for the benefit of its clients, program success and improved performance.
Monitoring and Evaluation
The Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) department helps ZACH and its member institutions to provide key information to improve performance and achieve results. Its goal is to improve current and future management of outputs, outcomes and impact. It is mainly used to assess the performance of various ZACH projects, institutions and programs set up by governments, international organizations and partners
- Data collection and analysis from all hospitals and clinics
- Training Data Capturing clerks
- Assess program achievements and targets
- Helps in donor /partner accountability
- Evidence based planning and budgeting
- Cost effectiveness of projects
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Logistics and supply chain management is the process of planning, implementing and controlling the efficient, cost-effective flow and storage of goods and materials as well as related information, from the point of origin to the point of consumption for the purpose of meeting the end beneficiary’s requirements.”
The logistics and supply chain management department is responsible for the distribution of resources and helps in the management and flow of vehicles, commodities and medical supplies and works closely with manufacturers and National drug supply companies to assess goods from point of origin to departments and hospitals for utilization and consumptions in order to meet ZACH and mission hospital requirement, consumers and partners.
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure the smooth running of the organization
- To draft, review and recommend plans, policies and procedures for successful implementation of logistics, procurement and supply chain management system.
- To ensure that the business goals of the organization are in synchronization with logistics system.
- To carry out routine monitoring and periodic evaluation of the pipeline and logistics system activities to determine how well the system is performing, the areas that can be improved, as well as the system’s impact on service provision.
- To create and maintain customer support through developing and supporting processes that contribute towards satisfying the needs of the end customer—the customer seeking health services
- To maintain coordination with vendors, service providers and transport carriers
- To ensure timely supply and payment of goods and reduce inventories.
- To make sure that commodities do no expire particularly medicines
- To ensure there are high standards of inventory management including infrastructure
- Planning for procurement and use of resources to meet output requirements
- Managing the control, flow of goods and services and information
- To ensure effective and efficient commodities handling, packaging and distributions
- Support hospital based pharmacy staff in procurement, storage and inventory management through Routine support visits, coupled with on-the-job training to both prevent and resolve supply problems and human resource constraints.
- To support the construction, refurbishment and general improvement of the service delivery infrastructure of sites.
- Liaise with transport department for maintenance and purchase of vehicle accessories.
Training and Development
The Training and development department plays a major role in at ZACH. The department provides a strategic direction of HR and the overall organization. It provide staff orientations, does HR needs assessment and succession planning. The department build professional development activities based on succession plans so there can be a smooth transition for employees. It also provide clinical training ZACH and mission health workforce.
- Assess employees’ needs for training
- Align training with the organization’s strategic goals
- Create and manage a training budget, ensuring that operations are within budget
- Develop and implement training programs that make the best use of available resources
- Update training programs to ensure that they are current
- Oversee the creation of educational materials and learning modules
- Review training materials from a variety of health departments and higher learning institutions and select materials with appropriate content
- Teach training methods and skills to instructors and supervisors
Both internal and external audits provide important services to ZACH. They help the organization to detect and prevent fraud, help test internal controls and monitor compliance with donor and ZACH policies and government regulations in the way we conduct our business and is vital to ZACH’s growth and sustainability
- Source of Income and Expenditures
- Donor compliance
- Human resource manual
- Staff salaries and Qualifications
- Monitor internal controls
- Operational Audits
- ZACH pension Fund
- Assets and Estate management